Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar,has identified investment in the education of youths as the panacea to the myraid of challenges facing the nation.
Atiku revealed this in Abuja during the launching of an educational foundation, championed by a former acting national chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje.
Lauding Alhaji Kawu Baraje for the initiative, the former Vice President noted that the foundation birthed at the right time given the need to salvage the frail nation from the resultant negative impact of poor public investment in Human Capital Development .
The Wazirin Adamawa linked the nation’s poor investment in education to the country’s large army of out of school children, legion of the unemployed, rampaging insecurity, rising poverty rate and persistent underdevelopment.
Atiku therefore called for all hands to be on deck to break the vicious circle of illiteracy, unemployment, poverty and insecurity that has imprisoned the youth and nation as a whole.
On his part, former Senate President, Doctor Bukola Saraki, who said security challenges in the land is due largely to the neglect of youths over the years, charged government at all levels as well as traditional rulers to invest more in moral and spiritual education of the youths.
Similarly, the National chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Prince Uche Secondus, chided the nation’s leaders for doing too little in the area of investment in education.
The Abubakar Kawu Baraje Foundation, according to its founder is aimed at providing quality education at no cost to children of the less privileged in the society.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal