AbdulRazaq prayed Almighty Allah to reward the faithful for the Ramadan fast and their devotions, alms-giving before, during and after the holy month of Ramadan.
The governor said this in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Rafiu Ajakaye, in Ilorin ahead of the Eid on Thursday.
“I felicitate the Muslim community worldwide and especially in Kwara State on the successful completion of the Ramadan fast 1442AH and the Eid-el-Fitr following it.
“The month afforded the faithful another rare opportunity of spiritual rejuvenation through fasting, devotions, leniency and kindness towards the weak, and multiple earning of rewards by supporting the poor and the vulnerable.
“I pray Almighty Allah to grant us the rewards in manifolds.
“Going forward, and in the spirit of the holy month we have just exited, I implore everyone to continue to pray and work for peace and tranquility in our country and our state,” he said.
AbdulRazaq also called on the citizens to cooperate with the government in playing their respective roles to build a better society.
“As always, our administration will continue to prioritise collective prosperity and sustainable development by making the right investments in critical infrastructure, human capital development, gender inclusion and youth empowerment, and safety nets for the poor.
“I urge our compatriots to also play their own part through constructive engagements and being one another’s brother’s keeper.
“Our country is going through a tough phase of nationhood, as had other great nation-states in world history.
“The solution is not in despair. Let us instead look after one another and be deliberate about building a country whose strength truly lies in the diversity and resilience of its people, while shrugging off anything and everything that may tear us apart,” he stated.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death