The agency said this in a statement signed by Mr Manzo Ezekiel, Head, Press and Public Relations.
He said the exercise was as part of collaboration with the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and other stakeholders.
“The deployment is a continuation of similar exercise during the recent Easter celebrations and would last for a period of one week.
“NEMA offices nationwide have been activated to deploy personnel and equipment this weekend to strategic road corridors that usually experience high volume of vehicular movements during festivities.
“The deployment is also aimed at rallying supports of relevant stakeholders towards assisting the FRSC, which is the lead agency to minimise road crashes and prompt response to emergencies.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78