Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC deploys 1,500 personnel in Edo
The Edo Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), has deployed 1,50O personnel to provide security in the state during the Eid-el-Fitri celebrations.
This is contained in a statement by the command spokesman, Mr Efosa Ogbebor, in Abuja, on Thursday.
The state Commandant, Mr Samuel Dan, said the personnel would man strategic public places including Eid grounds, malls, markets and recreational centres.
“Mobile and static patrol will be mounted and a stop-and-search operation will also be placed at various locations.
“The personnel will work in synergy with other law enforcement agencies in providing security,” he said.
The commandant urged all component commanders, heads of tactical units, area commanders and divisional officers to ensure smooth, crime free and secure celebrations.
He appealed to members of the public to give maximum cooperation to the NSCDC personnel during the festive period and beyond.
Dan warned parents to monitor and regulate the movements of their wards, while assuring residents of the state of 24-hour surveillance during the period.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje