The Kwara Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), says it has deployed 1,000 personnel for the Eid-el-Fitri celebration.
A statement from the command’s Public Relations Officer (PRO), Babawale Afolabi, on Monday, quoted the Commandant, Iskil Makinde, as saying that there was an upsurge in activities of criminal elements in the state, which is worrisome.
But he promised that new security measures are being deployed by the corps to nip activities of miscreants in the state in the bud.
”But for now, 1,000 personnel have been dispatched to all nooks and crannies of the state, suspected black spots, prayer grounds, markets, shopping malls, plazas and motor parks, among others,” Makinde said.
He assured the public that there would be no lull in operational activities and instructed all divisional officers to beef up security in their respective areas of responsibility.
”The corps is fully ready to fulfill its statutory function and mandate to protect Critical National Assets And Infrastructure and also protect lives and property in the state,” Makinde said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo