The Kwara Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), says it has deployed 1,000 personnel for the Eid-el-Fitri celebration.
A statement from the command’s Public Relations Officer (PRO), Babawale Afolabi, on Monday, quoted the Commandant, Iskil Makinde, as saying that there was an upsurge in activities of criminal elements in the state, which is worrisome.
But he promised that new security measures are being deployed by the corps to nip activities of miscreants in the state in the bud.
”But for now, 1,000 personnel have been dispatched to all nooks and crannies of the state, suspected black spots, prayer grounds, markets, shopping malls, plazas and motor parks, among others,” Makinde said.
He assured the public that there would be no lull in operational activities and instructed all divisional officers to beef up security in their respective areas of responsibility.
”The corps is fully ready to fulfill its statutory function and mandate to protect Critical National Assets And Infrastructure and also protect lives and property in the state,” Makinde said.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants