The Kwara Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), says it has deployed 1,000 personnel for the Eid-el-Fitri celebration.
A statement from the command’s Public Relations Officer (PRO), Babawale Afolabi, on Monday, quoted the Commandant, Iskil Makinde, as saying that there was an upsurge in activities of criminal elements in the state, which is worrisome.
But he promised that new security measures are being deployed by the corps to nip activities of miscreants in the state in the bud.
”But for now, 1,000 personnel have been dispatched to all nooks and crannies of the state, suspected black spots, prayer grounds, markets, shopping malls, plazas and motor parks, among others,” Makinde said.
He assured the public that there would be no lull in operational activities and instructed all divisional officers to beef up security in their respective areas of responsibility.
”The corps is fully ready to fulfill its statutory function and mandate to protect Critical National Assets And Infrastructure and also protect lives and property in the state,” Makinde said.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death