Eid-el-Maulud: Reps minority caucus admonishes leaders to foster peace, unity
The minority caucus in the House of Representatives has called on leaders at all levels in the country, to use the 2020 Eid-el-Maulud celebration to realign themselves to the path of truth, justice, honesty, peace and selfless service for the good of all Nigerians.
In a statement by the Minority Leader of the House, Rep. Ndudi Elumelu (PDP-Delta), the lawmakers said this is the only way to ensure the stability and development of the nation.
Elumelu said that virtues of honesty and justice are paramount in restoring calm among the citizenry.
According to him, “the Eid-el-Maulud presents us all with an immeasurable opportunity to rededicate ourselves as well as refocus and redirect our collective efforts towards the unity, stability and development of our country.
“This we can do by rekindling the virtues of honesty, equity, love and above all the fear of God and pursuit of justice in our dealings with one another
“The Eid-el-Maulud reinforces our hope in the kindness and mercies of God towards mankind, for which we must show gratitude by surrendering to His will by being upright and honest while showing love, kindness and forgiveness to one another, especially at this trying time,” he said.
Elumelu expressed optimism that the nation will surmount its challenges and embrace a bright, virile and prosperous future as leaders and citizens eschew all divisive tendencies and work together in unity.
The lawmakers prayed for the unity and prosperity of the nation and urged all Nigerians to use the Eid-el Maulud as a turning point in the collective task of building a united and prosperous nation where all will be happy.
The caucus assured that it will not relent but redouble its legislative activities in protecting and enhancing the aspiration of all Nigerians.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides