Eight persons were on Saturday night burnt to death in a lone accident involving a Mazda bus on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
Mr Ahmed Umar, the Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), disclosed this to ROYAL NEWS in Abeokuta on Sunday.
Umar explained that the accident, which occurred at about 8:45 p.m. near Saapade bridge, was caused by tyre burst.
This, he said, resulted in the bus summersaulting and bursting into flames.
The sector commander added that 11 people were involved in the accident made up of three male adults, one female adult, one child and six unidentified persons.
“The suspected cause of the lone accident involving the Mazda bus marked AAA 249 VX was tyre burst which led to loss of control before crash and bursting into flames immediately,” he said.
He said that FRSC operatives contacted the Sagamu Fire Service immediately for a joint rescue operation.
Umar said that three injured victims were taken to Idera Hospital, Sagamu, for medical attention while the Health Department of Remo North Local Government Area was contacted on the burnt victims.
He advised motorists to drive cautiously, obey traffic rules and regulations and ensure that their tyres were in good condition.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated