Following the inspection of facilities at the Ultra modern Oja Oba Market, Ado-Ekiti by Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, earlier in the week, it has been discovered that the market complex is not ready for use.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Olayinka Oyebode, in a statement issued on Thursday said: “A structural evaluation of the complex shows that some considerable construction work would be required to fix the inherent structural defects which have made the building unsafe for use.”
He added that, “As this process would take some time, the Governor has therefore directed that the process of allocation of shops be stopped immediately.
“The Governor also directed that all subscribers with proofs of payment for shops in the market should be refunded.
“The Ministries of Works and Commerce are to work out a seamless process for the refund.”
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi