Following the inspection of facilities at the Ultra modern Oja Oba Market, Ado-Ekiti by Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, earlier in the week, it has been discovered that the market complex is not ready for use.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Olayinka Oyebode, in a statement issued on Thursday said: “A structural evaluation of the complex shows that some considerable construction work would be required to fix the inherent structural defects which have made the building unsafe for use.”
He added that, “As this process would take some time, the Governor has therefore directed that the process of allocation of shops be stopped immediately.
“The Governor also directed that all subscribers with proofs of payment for shops in the market should be refunded.
“The Ministries of Works and Commerce are to work out a seamless process for the refund.”
- 2020 Hajj: Saudi retains 95, 000 slots for Nigeria
- Saudi compensates 2015 crane crash victims
- BREAKING…. Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
- SAD… Reinhard Bonnke dies at 79
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems