The Corps Commandant of the state security outfit, Mr Dele Owoju, in a birthday message, extolled the good virtues of Fayemi and his outstanding performance since assumption of office.
Owoju described Fayemi as “a man of modest character whose positive impact towards the development of Ekiti state will remain evergreen.
“We are proud and happy to have someone like Governor Fayemi going by his present giant strides in Ekiti and Nigeria as a whole.
“He has been epitomizing the core moral value of Omoluabi that we `Ekitis’ are known for.
“Ekiti will forever be appreciative of Governor Fayemi’s invaluable contributions towards the development and progress of the state,” he said.
The commandant attributed the achievements so far recorded in the state to unity and cooperation among all security outfits.
Owoju commended Fayemi for being a cheerful and passionate leader, who does not take the issue of security with levity.
He said that Fayemi provided all the necessary support for the Corps, in spite of the take-off of Amotekun, a similar security outfit.
According to him, Fayemi maintains his position to sustain the Peace Corps, in spite of pressure on him to disband it and throw everyone into the labour market.
“In one way or the other, we have achieved a lot since our inception. We decided to celebrate our success within ourselves basically to abide by the rules and ethics of the security apparatus.
“But, am sure we are all happy that there is relative peace in the state, which implies that Ekiti State Peace Corps is working under my leadership, kudos to the Governor for doing the needful and providing support for the outfit.
“Our officers are posted across the state to join other security agencies to ensure that our people can have peace and sleep with their eyes closed.
“We don’t discriminate among our officers and we are also apolitical in the employment of officers and men into the Corps.
“As far as we are concerned, we have a mandate and by the grace of God, we shall continue to improve and make Ekiti a peaceful state any day and any time,” he assured.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections