Former Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, has congratulated Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State on his nomination as the Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2023 presidential election.
Ekweremadu, in a post via his verified social media handles on Thursday, described Okowa as highly resourceful and prepared for the office of the Vice President.
He commended the party and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, for the decision and called on all party leaders and faithful to go to work to ensure the success of the ticket at the presidential polls.
“I join our party leaders, party faithful, and supporters in congratulating my brother and friend, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, on his emergence as the Vice Presidential candidate of our great party, the PDP.
“This is a sound choice by our presidential flag bearer, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and our party.
“No doubt, Okowa brings immense electoral value to the PDP ticket. He is highly resourceful and he is prepared for the Office of the VP.
“I urge every party leader and member to now go to work to ensure the success of the ticket at the 2023 polls”, he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community