Former Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, has congratulated Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State on his nomination as the Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2023 presidential election.
Ekweremadu, in a post via his verified social media handles on Thursday, described Okowa as highly resourceful and prepared for the office of the Vice President.
He commended the party and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, for the decision and called on all party leaders and faithful to go to work to ensure the success of the ticket at the presidential polls.
“I join our party leaders, party faithful, and supporters in congratulating my brother and friend, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, on his emergence as the Vice Presidential candidate of our great party, the PDP.
“This is a sound choice by our presidential flag bearer, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and our party.
“No doubt, Okowa brings immense electoral value to the PDP ticket. He is highly resourceful and he is prepared for the Office of the VP.
“I urge every party leader and member to now go to work to ensure the success of the ticket at the 2023 polls”, he said.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus