Election: EFCC arrests 12 in Kano, Katsina for alleged vote buying
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said it arrested 12 persons for alleged vote buying in Saturday’s supplementary polls in Kano and Katsina States.
The EFCC Kano Zonal Commander, Faruk Dogondaji, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in an interview that the suspects were arrested with N1.5 million cash in Kano and Katsina States.
According to him, 10 were arrested in Doguwa Local Government Area (LGA) of Kano State and two in Kankiya LGA of Katsina State.
Dogondaji said that the suspects were arrested while attempting to induce eligible voters with cash in some polling units.
He said that the 10 suspects were apprehended with N1,357,500 million in Doguwa LGA, while the two suspects were arrested with N242,000 in Kankia LGA.
“We will also be physically present in all the collection centres to prevent change of results,” he said.
He said that the presence of the personnel in the electoral process would add credibility to the exercise.
The EFCC commander said the suspects would be charged to court after investigation.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje