Correspondents of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that officially, accreditation and voting were to start by 8am but as at 9.30 am, there were no Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission officials in Polling Units visited.
Out of the 22 Polling Units visited in Barnawa, Kakuri, Television, Kabala and some other areas, security agents were spotted in only two units, which election officials were not present.
At ungwan Muazu area of Kaduna South, there was slight apprehension over the change of voting unit, but the situation was brought under control.
Efforts to secure comments of KADSIECOM officials on the development was futile as they were busy attending to election matters.
However, in Igabi Local Government Area, the situation was different as election materials arrived at about 7.30 am in most Polling Units, with security personnel manning the Units.
Voters interviewed in Rigasa area of Igabi Local Government Area, commended the State Electoral Commission for a job well done.
Malam Sagir Umar, the Supervisory Presiding Officer, Rigasa Centre, with 26 Polling Units, said all election materials were despatched to the units around 7.30 am.
He expressed satisfaction with the presence of security personnel in all the voting units.
NAN gathered that reports from other areas indicated that the exercise was peacefully, but there were incidents of failure of Voting Machines.
NAN reports that the election is taking place in 19 out of the 23 Local Government Area (LGAs) of the state, with the exercise in Birnigwari, Chikun, Zangon Kataf and Kujuru LGAs shifted to Sept.25, for security reasons.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment