The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has urged Nigerians to be sensitive to the federal advise that the a worse type of COVID-19 pandemic is yet to be ruled out in the nation.
He urged them to always adopt preventive measures and protocols in order to adhere to the warnings and efforts of tackling the deadly infections globally.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari stated this on Thursday while delivering his sallah message to Muslim faithful shortly after he observed the two rakat prayers marking the end of the 2021 Ramadan fasting at the Ilorin Central Eid praying ground.
The prayer was led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir Soliu OON.
According to the Emir, “We give thanks to Almighty Allah (SWT)once again for granting us the grace to observe the Ramadan fasting successfully. Religious misunderstandings in the state should be addressed by the two main religious leaders.
“The society had gone far enough to prevent leashing violent reactions on any matter that ought to have been settled amicably. The dasting has come and gone. All restraints exhibited while it lasted should be continued and the end of fasting should not be the end of personal discipline. ”
The monarch further stressed that: “To those who are performing this year’s holy pilgrimage (Umrah) among us, we wish them Allah’s travelling mercies and happy return to their respective homes.
“For those who are sick in the hospital and at home, we pray Allah to heal them and for those that died in the current year, may Allah grant them Al-janatul fordaos and give their families the courage and fortitude to bear the loss.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal