As part of activities marking the silver jubilee and historic event, special prayer to be led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin and other clerics across the emirate shall be held at the Emir’s Palace at 9am.
This is contained in a statement issued by the spokesperson to the Emir, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Friday. He said: His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR will be 25years on the throne as the 11th Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs on Wednesday next week.
“We urge all sons and daughters, friends, associates and well wishers to join us in the historic event aimed celebrating a unique tradiational ruler whose reign has witnessed tremendous growth and development of our dear state.
“Born on 22nd April 1940, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari is a direct descendant of the highly revered scholar, Sheikh Salihu Alimi and became the Ciroma of Ilorin on 30th November 1984.
“His career witnessed serving as the Solicitor-General of the old Gongola state and later rose to become a Justice of Court of Appeal and served across the country including the Appeal Court of Lagos and Ibadan divisions respectively.
“His Royal Highness finally ascended the throne as the 11th Emir of Ilorin on 28th August 1995 and was formally coronated and presented with the Staff of Office on 11th November 1995 at exactly 11:11am.
“He is a holder of the National Honour of Commander of Federal Republic, (CFR) and current Chancellor of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State.
“We urge residents of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to be law abiding before, during and after the historic event”, the statement reads.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline