To be inaugurated today
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Tuesday named a 10-person judicial panel of investigation to look into the complaints of police brutality, human rights abuses and extra judicial killings by the #EndSARS protesters.
The development follows a recommendation of the National Economic Council for each state to constitute a panel to receive and investigate complaints from the #EndSARS coalition, make recommendations to prosecute erring persons, and recommend compensations for victims or their families, among other things.
The chairman of the panel is retired Justice Tunde Garba, according to a statement by the Governor’s spokesman Rafiu Ajakaye.
Other members are: retired AIG Issa Ojibara; Ronke Adeyemi (CSO representative); Hajia Fati Audu (community representative); Kauthar Adeyi (youth representative); Mrs Jumoke Olaoye (National Human Rights Commission); Idris Gana (Ministry of Justice); Nafisat Musa Buge (youth representative); Bilikis Salaudeen (youth representative); and Hassan Yusuf Adio (CSO).
The statement said the panel would be inaugurated on Tuesday afternoon.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling