To be inaugurated today
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Tuesday named a 10-person judicial panel of investigation to look into the complaints of police brutality, human rights abuses and extra judicial killings by the #EndSARS protesters.
The development follows a recommendation of the National Economic Council for each state to constitute a panel to receive and investigate complaints from the #EndSARS coalition, make recommendations to prosecute erring persons, and recommend compensations for victims or their families, among other things.
The chairman of the panel is retired Justice Tunde Garba, according to a statement by the Governor’s spokesman Rafiu Ajakaye.
Other members are: retired AIG Issa Ojibara; Ronke Adeyemi (CSO representative); Hajia Fati Audu (community representative); Kauthar Adeyi (youth representative); Mrs Jumoke Olaoye (National Human Rights Commission); Idris Gana (Ministry of Justice); Nafisat Musa Buge (youth representative); Bilikis Salaudeen (youth representative); and Hassan Yusuf Adio (CSO).
The statement said the panel would be inaugurated on Tuesday afternoon.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal