Popular Nigerian singer, Harrysong has enlightened Northern youths that the #EndSARS protest is not about politics, tribe or religion.
According to him, the call for a total reform of the police force is a fight for betterment of the country, and not a political or tribal movement.
The singer took to his official Instagram page to share a video of himself conveying the message.
EndSARS is a social movement in Nigeria that started on Twitter calling for banning of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, a unit of the Nigerian police force.
The relentless effort of the protesters led to the disbandment of SARS by the Inspector General of Police, but Nigerians have continued the EndSARS protest in different parts of the country, despite the announced disbandment.
However, the Nigerian Police Force, have announced that the training of operatives of the new police unit, Special Weapon Tactical Team (SWAT) will begin today, Monday, October 19th, 2020.
The Inspector-General of Police, Adamu Mohammed, who made this announcement in a statement released on Sunday, assured Nigerians that no personnel of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) will be a member the new police team (SWAT).
According to him, those to be absorbed into the new police unit are young, smart, and energetic officers with at least seven-year work experience and clean service records with no pending disciplinary matters and no record of violation of rights of citizens or misuse of firearms.
Watch video below,
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)