Orija, said to be an ex-convict, was said to have fled shortly after the incident at Fehintoluwa community, in Idiya, Abeokuta-North Local Government Area of Ogun.
The fleeing suspect had once been convicted for assaulting a Point of Service operator in the community last year.
The victim, a Junior Secondary School student at the Army Day Secondary School, Alamala, Abeokuta, was reportedly dragged into a house by the suspect while on an errand.
It was gathered that Orija tied the teenager’s hands, her legs and covered her mouth before forcing himself on her.
Confirming the incident, the victim’s father, Sanjo Fakeye, is seeking justice from the authorities.
“I gave Janet money to buy detergent to wash her school uniform. When she didn’t return after a long time, I went to her friend’s place to ask for my daughter, she said she had not seen her.
“I later went to report at the police station around 8 p.m. that my daughter was missing. As we were heading towards the police station, I received a call from the community that they had found the dead body of my daughter.
“My daughter was raped to death by Mercy after he tied her hands, her legs and covered her mouth.
“The remains of my daughter were dumped into another building beside his house after he committed the offence. I want Justice,” he said amidst tears.
The father explained that the detergent and blood stains were seen in the suspect’s house, saying he ran away through the back door.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Abimbola Oyeyemi said the police were on the trail of the suspect.
Oyeyemi confirmed that the suspect was recently released from prison custody.
“It is true that we have launched a manhunt for the suspect. The suspect is an ex-convict who was just released from prison.
“He would soon be arrested and be made to face justice,” Oyeyemi said.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector