By AROWONA ABDULAZEEZ
Akanbi appealed to Nigerian leaders to be sensitive to the plight of the workers including teachers, counselling that adequate and standard remuneration begets effective service delivery.
He,therefore, called on Nigerian government to invest heavily on the country education by evolving policies and programmes that will protect the interest of teachers and workers in general so as to have a virile and well focused educational system.
Akanbi spoke at the first end of the year party/ prize giving ceremony of Nana Ahisat Academy, Akerebiata area, Off Sobi Barracks road, Ilorin, Kwara state.
The former ICPC chairman who is the proprietor of Nana Aishat Academy also appealed to the government to attach utmost priority to all sectors of the economy so as to put the country education and other sectors on a good footing.
He said adequate salary remuneration is directly proportional to effective service delivery, pointing out that the earlier Nigerian leaders realize this, the better for the socio-economic development of the country.
He expressed joy over the brilliant performance of the students of the Nana Aishat Academy, revealing that two out of the last year’s graduands are currently in 100 level, studying Micro biology and Medicine at the University of Ilorin while others are doing well in the country’s various institutions of higher learning.
In his address, the chairman of the occasion, who is the Dean of the Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin, Dr Kayode Adama advised Nigerian government to embark on a robust and impact based educational policy that will put the country education on the right track.
Adama urged Nigerian students to choose the right path by striving to remain focus and not joining the gang of dropouts who would constitute themselves into nuisance.
In her lecture, Dr Azeezat Adebayo of Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin described life of service as the ultimate, saying that what God expects from the creators is service to God and humanity.
Adebayo said success in life does not mean amassing wealth or building mansion, saying that success in life is ability to live an exemplary life.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List