Facts have emerged on why Governor Mai Mala Buni got sacked as the Chairman Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention planning Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
It was revealed that the sack of the Buni led CECPC took effect after it was discovered that it was conniving with a former Security Chief from one of the North West state whose son was recently impeached, a former military dictator and former number two from a northeast state to destabilize the APC.
It would be recalled that President Buhari had approved the removal of the Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, as the Chairman, Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) of the party to salvage the crisis rocking the party internally and in his stead, appointed his Niger State counterpart, Abubakar Sani Bello.
It was also revealed that a faction of the APC governors was alleged to have complained bitterly to the president that Buni’s attitude does not show readiness toward the convention as rescheduled, due to lack of preparations to indicate so.
These allegations led to why the presidant directed that Buni be removed and replaced.
Buni is said to be currently in Dubai for medical reasons and was not around to defend himself. But the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami; the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha and another top Villa player, were said to have intervened on behalf of Buni, when they got wind of the development, and advised the president to exercise caution against such action.
They were said to have reminded Buhari it was only the NEC of the Party that could convene and remove Buni, and after he must have been given seven days notice of removal.
They, however, contended that anything outside the laid down processes, could be challenged in court, with the potential of disrupting the rescheduled March 26 Convention date.
It was not certain, however, whether the intervention changed the President’s mind.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note