The Federal Government has declared December 26 and 27, 2022, as public holidays to mark Christmas and Boxing Day.
It also declared Monday, January 2, 2023, as a holiday to mark the New Year.
The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, made the announcement in a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Dr Shuaib Belgore, on Thursday.
Aregbesola felicitated Christians and all Nigerians all over the world.
He enjoined them to emulate the virtues of Jesus Christ in deeds and follow his teachings, especially on faith, hope and love.
Aregbesola reminded Nigerians that 2023 was an election and political transition year, and they should make it successful by voting peacefully and avoiding anything capable of undermining the exercise.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets