Aminat Isah, Abuja
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Umar Farouq has handed over a truck of rice, 50 bags of Sugar, 200 cartoons of Macaroni and 3 Bails of wrappers to the Minister of Women Affairs, Dame Pauline Tallen, for onward distribution to women groups under her Ministry, in Abuja.
The Minister said the palliatives were donated in line with the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari, to cushion the lockdown effect on the most vulnerable women in the society.
“ We are here to handover food palliatives to the vulnerable women in the various women groups under your care,”
The Minister of Women Affairs, Dame Pauline Tallen, while receiving the items, appreciated the Federal Government for the gesture, and promised to distribute the items to the needy amongst the women who are the most hit by the effect of Covid-19 pandemic.
She appealed to women leaders and well meaning Nigerians to care for the most vulnerable amongst them.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate