Aminat Isah, Abuja
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Umar Farouq has handed over a truck of rice, 50 bags of Sugar, 200 cartoons of Macaroni and 3 Bails of wrappers to the Minister of Women Affairs, Dame Pauline Tallen, for onward distribution to women groups under her Ministry, in Abuja.
The Minister said the palliatives were donated in line with the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari, to cushion the lockdown effect on the most vulnerable women in the society.
“ We are here to handover food palliatives to the vulnerable women in the various women groups under your care,”
The Minister of Women Affairs, Dame Pauline Tallen, while receiving the items, appreciated the Federal Government for the gesture, and promised to distribute the items to the needy amongst the women who are the most hit by the effect of Covid-19 pandemic.
She appealed to women leaders and well meaning Nigerians to care for the most vulnerable amongst them.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai