The Federal Government has congratulated Nigerian-born Pearlena Igbokwe on her recent promotion to Chairman of the Universal Studio Group, a division of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies.
In a statement, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the Federal Government is very delighted at the news of the promotion, which is the latest in a string of successes that have been recorded by Igbokwe.
The statement was made available to newsmen by Mr Segun Adeyemi, Special Assistant to the President (Media) Office of the Minister of Information and Culture on Monday in Abuja.
”The fact that, in her new role, Igbokwe will lead the American company’s growing global television studio business, which includes Universal Television, Universal Content Productions (UCP) and NBC Universal International Studios, is a pointer to the huge responsibility that comes with the promotion and a testimony to her capability.
”Igbokwe is an inspiration to millions of youths around the world and, in particular, those in our country’s burgeoning Creative Industry. We wish her success in her new role,” the minister said.
ROYAL NEWS reports igbokwe, who hails from South-East Nigeria but born in Lagos State in the mid-1960s, is the first black woman to head Universal Television.
Igbokwe moved to join her father in the US at the age of six shortly after the civil war,
Prior to her appointment, Igbokwe was Executive Vice President, Drama Development, where she oversaw the development of all NBC dramas.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory