The Federal Government has ordered the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to work out modalities to reduce the price of data in the interest of Nigerians.
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Pantami on Tuesday said his office has been inundated with complaints from concerned Nigerians about the high cost of data by telecoms.
The Minister mandated the management of the NCC led by its Board Chairman, Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye, during a courtesy visit to work out the modalities with other stakeholders in the industry in the next five working dates.
The Minister said: ” I am urging the management of NCC to work towards reducing the price of data in Nigeria. It is too costly and people are complaining every day.
“If you go to other countries, even countries that are not as largely populated as Nigeria, data prices are not this high.”
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari