The Federal Government has ordered the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to work out modalities to reduce the price of data in the interest of Nigerians.
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Pantami on Tuesday said his office has been inundated with complaints from concerned Nigerians about the high cost of data by telecoms.
The Minister mandated the management of the NCC led by its Board Chairman, Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye, during a courtesy visit to work out the modalities with other stakeholders in the industry in the next five working dates.
The Minister said: ” I am urging the management of NCC to work towards reducing the price of data in Nigeria. It is too costly and people are complaining every day.
“If you go to other countries, even countries that are not as largely populated as Nigeria, data prices are not this high.”
- Nigeria to begin free visa entry for Africans by 2020
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others