The Kano State Fire Service says two persons from same family died on Friday night fire incident at Zoo Road, Opposite Kano Zoological Garden, in Sheka Municipal.
Alhaji Saminu Abdullahi, its Public Relations Officer, confirmed this in a statement issued to newsmen on Saturday in Kano.
It said the incident occurred at about 10.10 p.m, an upper floor with two compartment of about 50 X 50 feet used as a dwelling house.
”Four rooms, two palour, two toilets and two kitchens were razed down.
“We received a distress call from Sabo Wada at about 10.10 p.m that fire has gutted a dwelling house in his area and three persons were trapped including a four year old girl.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent out our rescue team to the scene at about 10.15 p.m.
“Two out of the victims were rescued unconscious and conveyed to Malam Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital where the doctor on duty confirmed them dead.
”The bodies were handed over to C.S.P Awaisu Suleiman of Sheka Police Division,” it said.
The statement said the victims rescued alive were Fatima Salisu, 4, and Salisu Sani, 45, while the two dead victims were Maryam Sani, 19 (sister), and Nafisa Abdulkarim, 28 (wife).
It said all the victims were of same family and that the cause of the incident was being investigated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL