First batch of stranded Nigerians in Sudan arrive Abuja
First batch of Stranded Nigerians return to Nigeria on Wednesday Night
The first batch of Nigerians stranded in war-torn Sudan will return to the country on Wednesday night.
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) C-130H aircraft evacuating the country’s nationals from Egypt has departed the Aswan Airport in the North African country and will arrive at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, by 11:23 p.m.
The Federal Government had deployed the Air Peace and the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) jets to airlift the country’s nationals from Egypt.
The government had also given Azman Air the approval to undertake the exercise.
Nigeria in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) said on Tuesday night that the country’s embassy in Egypt has successfully moved evacuees across the border from Sudan
In a statement issued in Abuja, the commission said at least 449 students were being prepared for their return to Nigeria through the Aswan Airport.
The NAF spokesman, Air Commodore Ayodele Famuyiwa, confirmed the latest development in a terse message on WhatsApp.
“I am pleased to inform you that the NAF C-130H aircraft that went to evacuate Nigerians stranded in Sudan has departed Aswan and is expected to touch down at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja by 2340hrs (11.23 pm) tonight. Anyone interested may wish to be at the airport to cover the event. Grateful,” Famuyiwa wrote.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari