Five persons are feared dead on Saturday morning following attack by hoodlums enforcing Simon Ekpa’s five days sit-at-home order in the South East.
A viral video circulating online has showed yet to be identified two victims lying lifeless at the front of Enugu State University Teaching Hospital, Parklane.
Others were shot at the New Market Area. A police car was also set ablaze within the same location.
Eyewitness recounted that the gunmen, numbering over ten, stormed the area as early as 6 a.m. before shooting into the air to scare people off the street.
They are marching from one part of the State to another without resistance.
Following the development, many residents have been forced indoors for fear of attack.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants