A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), who at the camp when it was being officially closed, said many of the IDPs were thankful to the government for its efforts.
Mrs Ebimor Fekuwei praised the government for hosting and feeding them every day at the camp such that the people never lacked anything.
She called on the governor to further assist them as most of their homes were damaged.
Another camper, Mrs Godgift Diepreye, said that they were well fed.
“We stayed at the camp for more than eight days and nobody died. We thank God that nobody was sick, everybody is alive.
“My only problem now is that my house in Azikoro is still wet. Azikoro is one of the worst hit areas in the Yenagoa Local Government Area,” she pointed out.
In an interactive with journalists, Hon. Koku-Obiyai Ebiuwou, the lawmaker representing Yenagoa Constituency II, thanked God for His protection.
“God stood by us day and night, we did not record any death.
“God increased us because we had over nine deliveries. We return all the glory to God Almighty because no man would have done it on his own.
“I want to sincerely thank the governor who took charge of the state. We heard instances in other states where the floods were so much that the governors abandoned the people and fled the state, leaving the citizens to sort out themselves.
“Gov. Diri that stood by us, went from community to community, provided shelter for the people and that’s what we are thanking God for today.
“We thank the governor. We pray that God will also send helper to him at his point of need,” she said.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG