Hajiya Hazida, the wife of late Nigerian President, Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari (Turakin Sokoto) is dead.
Shagari’s grandson, Bello Bala Shagari, who announced her death on his Facebook page on behalf of the family, said she died of COVID-19 complications around 3:00 am on Thursday, August 12, in Gwagwalada Isolation Centre. She was aged 80.
He said her burial had been scheduled for 4:00 pm at the National Mosque, Abuja, according to Islamic rites.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign