An accident on Tuesday has claimed the lives of some policemen in Ondo State.
About four policemen were said to have died in the accident which occurred along Oba-Ile – Airport road in Akure North Local Government Area of the State.
Three others were said to have been critically injured.
It could not be confirmed if the affected policemen were returning to base after performing electoral duties.
Witnesses said their hilux van somersaulted severally before hitting a pavement.
According to an eyewitness, the accident was caused by over-speeding which led to loss of control.
Ondo Police spokesman, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the accident but said he was yet to be fully briefed.
Spokesperson for the Ondo Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Omotola Ogungbawo, could not be reached for comments.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project