Fraud not possible without connivance of bank officials — EFCC
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has said that no major fraud committed in the banking sector without the connivance of bank employees.
The commander of the Ilorin zonal command of EFCC, Michael Nzekwe, said this when he spoke at an interactive session with banks’ compliance officers from Kwara and Kogi states, while admonishing bankers to know their customers as well as the business of their customers.
“We invited you here today to nourish our existing relationship, educate ourselves on the new trends in cybercrime and seek areas of further collaboration as stakeholders in the fight against economic and financial crimes in Nigeria.
We advise that as bankers, you carry out due diligence and know your customers. By doing this, you save yourselves from trouble and make our job easier. There is no major fraud, especially money laundering, that is ever committed without the connivance of bank officials.”, he said
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate