The Sector Commander, Yusuf Haruna, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Birnin Kebbi on Saturday.
“In a bid to ensure seamless 2022 Eid-el Fitr celebration, the FRSC RS10.2, Kebbi state Sector Command, has deployed personnel, patrol vehicles, and ambulance across the state.
“This is to ensure free vehicular movement and safety of all categories of road users during the Eid-el Fitr celebration in the state.”
He also warned motorists against dangerous driving, over-speeding, the use of cellphones while driving, and other actions that contravene road traffic rules during the period.
He said that there would be massive deployment of both Regular and Special Marshals for the special patrol operations being organised to control traffic and check the excesses of motorists during the period.
He called on motorists to avoid anything that could lead to accidents on the highways.
“Some of those things include but are not limited to dangerous driving, excessive speeding, use of phone while driving, route violation, and driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, among other traffic violations,” he said.
According to Haruna, the FRSC remains committed to ensuring the safety of lives of motorists and passengers on the highways.
He further advised the motorists to renew their driver’s licenses and vehicle papers once they expired.
Haruna noted that road safety is the collective responsibility of all Nigerians, and, therefore, urged them to call FRSC or National emergency numbers 112 and 122 in case of emergencies.
“Remember, only the living celebrate,” the commander said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates