The Sector Commander, Yusuf Haruna, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Birnin Kebbi on Saturday.
“In a bid to ensure seamless 2022 Eid-el Fitr celebration, the FRSC RS10.2, Kebbi state Sector Command, has deployed personnel, patrol vehicles, and ambulance across the state.
“This is to ensure free vehicular movement and safety of all categories of road users during the Eid-el Fitr celebration in the state.”
He also warned motorists against dangerous driving, over-speeding, the use of cellphones while driving, and other actions that contravene road traffic rules during the period.
He said that there would be massive deployment of both Regular and Special Marshals for the special patrol operations being organised to control traffic and check the excesses of motorists during the period.
He called on motorists to avoid anything that could lead to accidents on the highways.
“Some of those things include but are not limited to dangerous driving, excessive speeding, use of phone while driving, route violation, and driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, among other traffic violations,” he said.
According to Haruna, the FRSC remains committed to ensuring the safety of lives of motorists and passengers on the highways.
He further advised the motorists to renew their driver’s licenses and vehicle papers once they expired.
Haruna noted that road safety is the collective responsibility of all Nigerians, and, therefore, urged them to call FRSC or National emergency numbers 112 and 122 in case of emergencies.
“Remember, only the living celebrate,” the commander said.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year