The Unit Commander of the FRSC, Mr Akeem Ganiyu, gave the warning in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Ota, Ogun, while reacting to the accident that occurred between a truck and container driver.
NAN reports that at the earlier hours of Saturday, a container laden truck rammed into each other at Sango-Ota,Toll-Gate axis of Lagos–Abeokuta expressway.
NAN also reports that one of the trucks drove against traffic and rammed into the other container, blocking the entire access road inward Sango-Ota.
This development, however, caused untold hardship for motorists trying to connect Sango-Ota to other parts of Ogun State.
Ganiyu said that the accident could have been averted if the drivers of the two vehicles adhered strictly to traffic rules and regulations.
He implored motorists to always exercise more patience, especially during this raining season on the bad portion of Lagos–Abeokuta Expressway.
“We thank God that no loss of life and casualty were recorded from the crash but this incident caused serious traffic jams.
“However the FRSC personnel are on top of the situation, and we are appealing to them to desist from driving against the traffic all in the name of ‘bad road’.
He further said that the lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) were working with the other sister agencies to ensure that the vehicles were towed off the expressway.
The unit commander warned motorists to refrain from driving against traffic as many lives had been lost to such action. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ