Peace seems far from the home of Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State as reports have emerged that his wife, Hafsat Ganduje, has been dragged before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, by her son Abdulazeez.
It was gathered that the governor’s wife had refused to honour the invitation of the anti-graft agency.
According to Premium Times, Mrs Ganduje was invited to report last Thursday to the Abuja headquarters of the EFCC.
The governor’s son had dragged his mother to the EFCC, sources had revealed.
It was gathered that Abdulazeez reported to the anti-graft agency that he was approached by a property developer to help facilitate the acquisition of some plots of land in Kano with some hundreds of thousands of US dollars and at least N35million as “facilitation commission.”
Abdulazeez had alleged that he had given the money, which was in dollars, to the Kano first lady.
“But three months later, (the property developer) discovered that the plots of land he wanted and had paid the first family for had been allocated to other buyers and he then requested to be refunded,” a source had said.
Asked to comment on the matter, a spokesperson for Kano State Government, Mohammed Garba, denied knowledge of the invitation.
Recall that Governor Ganduje had in 2018 got himself entangled in a bribery scandal.
Daily Nigerian had released videos of Ganduje stuffing his babariga with dollars which were allegedly kickbacks from contractors.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)