The Speaker of the 9th Federal House of Resentatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, has been advised to prioritise the interest of the masses and ensure fairness in his dealings with them.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Islamic scholars from Ekiti, Isin, Irepodun and Oke-Ero Federal Constituency, on Saturday offered prayers for a successful tenure in office for the Speaker.
The prayer which was organised by the member representing the constituency, Hon. Tunji Raheem Olawuyi, was attended by party stalwarts, associates and friends of the lawmaker.
The prayer which was led by the chief Imam of Omu-Aran, Alhaji Sodiq Alalobo, took place at the Constituency office of Hon. Olawuyi in Omu-Aran, the headquarters of Irepodun Local Government area of Kwara.
In his lecture, the Imam of Osi, Alhaji Saadu Ajisefini, said the Speaker must lead with the fear of God and be faithful in all his dealings with Nigerians.
He further asked lawmakers in the country to be responsible to those who voted them and those who do not give them their votes.
The cleric also urged Hon. Olawuyi to see to the return of Islamic teachers to schools in the constituency.
Olawuyi in his response said some members of the 8th assembly held Nigeria to ransom promising that such a thing won’t repeat itself in the 9th assembly.
“The 9th assembly will not be a rubber stamp to the executive but collaborate with the executive for the betterment of Nigeria.
“The victory of Femi Gbajabiamila as the speaker of the House of Representatives, is a victory for Nigeria.
“My support for Gbajabiamila before his emergency as the speaker was not borne out of selfish interests but for the collective interest of Nigerians.
“A lot of intrigues and politicking took place before his eventual emergence,” he said, and urged the clerics to always pray for them stressing that “their prayers can ward off sycophants.”
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin