Ace gospel singer, Sammie Okposo, is dead.
The singer died on Friday morning, aged 51.
His project manager, Hillary Vincent, confirmed the news to our correspondent via phone call.
Responding to inquiries, he said, “Yes it’s true. It happened this morning.”
Vincent, however, declined further comments on the singer’s demise as he did not disclose the cause of the death.
However, unverified sources on the Internet stated that the singer slumped before he was pronounced dead.
The Wellu Wellu master, as he was fondly called, was an internationally-recignised music producer, psalmist, and CEO of Zamar Entertainment.
Sammie Okposo started his music career as a soundtrack producer for Nollywood in 1992. He was well-known at that time in the small circle of Nollywood actors and producers.
He later began to get more career flashpoints when he started the Sammie Okposo Praise Party, a platform that brought many up-and-coming Nigerian gospel artistes into the scene.
The Niger Delta-born music star was known for emboldening the gospel music scene by taking his music away from the quiet confines of the church.
He released his first album Unconditional Love in 2000.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy