By Abubakar Saidu
|The Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has said that steady power supply is a critical factor for infrastructural and industrial development in the country.
Governor Ahmed said this when a delegation of Kwara Coalition of Business and Professional Associations led by its Chairman, Chief Hezekiah Adediji visited him in his office at the Government House in Ilorin, the State Capital.
The Governor noted that without steady energy supply there cannot be industrial growth, saying that “with steady supply of energy the ingenuity of Nigerians will manifest especially in fabrication. If the pace of fabrication and development of the early 1970s to 1980s due to steady energy supply had continued with unhindered energy support Nigeria would have gone very far”.
The governor said the state government has began the test running of a solar energy power supply initiative for its light up Kwara State programme, adding that the outcome of the test run will determine the format to be employed for the utilization of solar energy for the critical areas of the state economy.
On the economic recession in the country, Gov. Ahmed said Nigerians should look beyond the pains by taking the advantage of its inherent benefits for the rejuvenation of the economy.
The Chairman of the Coalition, Chief Hezekiah Adeniji, in his remarks said the coalition has 21 Business and Professional bodies with the vision of driving policy reforms through the business agenda development process.
Chief Adebiji said the coalition also promotes best business and professional practices in the State, adding that the coalition had produced State Business Agenda which it believed would be value to the state government.
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74
- Tinubu for nationwide address on Nigeria @ 63
- Nigeria At 63: We Are On Track For Economic Recovery, Says Obasa
- Nigeria Undoubtedly On Path To Greatness Despite Challenges –Lawan