Bello, who presented the staff of office to the Igala Monarch yesterday in Idah admonished him not to politicize or intimidate people using his office.
The Governor who paid tribute to the immediate past Attah Igala, HRM Ameh Oboni II said the appointment of the new traditional ruler is a clear departure from the past where such appointments are greeted with violence and destruction of properties.
He added that his administration has upgraded over 100 traditional stools in the state adding that, the appointment of the new Attah was done in accordance with the rule of law, and traditional history.
Bello noted that the era of imposition of traditional rulers ended when he came to power in 2016.
In his speech, the new Attah Igala, HRM Mathew Opaluwa who is the Chairman of the Kogi State traditional council promised to lead the Igala nation with the fear of God, honesty, and integrity.
He sued for peace in Igala land while also constituting a 12 man advisory council for the development of the Igala nation.
HRM Mathew Opaluwa who is the 28th Attah Igala takes over from HRM Ameh Oboni who journeyed to his ancestral home on 27th August 2020.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo