The Permanent Secretary of the state Ministry of Education, Shuaibu Adamu, during the post-executive council meeting press briefing at the Government House, Minna.
Adamu, who represented his commissioner at the briefing, said the new projects included the conversion of Baro Government Secondary School to a boarding school at a cost of N382.2m and the rehabilitation of Tegina Secondary School awarded at the cost of N290m.
He added that the rehabilitation of the Muazu Ibrahim Commercial Secondary School in Kontogora would cost the state government N361.4m.
Adamu said that work had reached appreciable level in the reconstruction of six other selected science schools under the government’s School Development Programme inaugurated about six months ago.
The permanent secretary added that the government had released about N1.7bn counterpart marching funds to the Universal Basic Education to enable the state to begin renovation works in 400 primary schools as soon as the Federal Government released its funds to the scheme.
Adamu said that government had completed arrangement to revive three teacher training colleges in the three senatorial zones of the state aimed at improving the standard of education in the state.
According to him, the Women Teachers’ College in Minna will be revived and repositioned for the production of qualified teachers for the improvement of learning and teaching in public schools
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal