Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State on Wednesday presented a 2017 budget proposal of more than 209.8 billion naira to the state House of Assembly.
Ganduje said the 2017 budget, christened `Budget of Sustainable Self-Reliance’, would focus more on developmental projects in the state.
According to him, more than 130.4 billion naira has been proposed for Capital Expenditure, while more than 79.3 billion naira has been set aside for Recurrent Expenditure.
The governor said more than 143.7 billion naira would be generated from recurrent revenue, just as more than 47.7 billion naira would be sourced as internally generated revenue.
“More than 96.9 billion naira will be generated from the Federation Accounts Allocation”, he said.
He stated that the budget is coming at a turbulent period in the life of the state.
He, however, assured that his administration would continue to execute developmental projects in the state through the proper use of available resources once the budget was passed.
The speaker of the Assembly, Alhaji Kabiru Rurum, also gave the assurance that the lawmakers would do everything within their powers to properly deliberate on the proposed budget.
“The Assembly will conduct public hearing on the proposed budget so as to allow direct involvement of the public in the process,” Rurum said.
He also assured the governor that the Assembly would work closely with the executive to ensure the development of the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal