Gov. Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state on Tuesday October 6, donated N5 million and a three-bedroom bungalow to the winner of the just-concluded Big Brother Naija season 5 reality show, Olamilekan Agbelesebioba popularly known as Laycon.
The governor announced the donation when he hosted Laycon in his office in Abeokuta, the state capital. He also announced that Laycon has been appointed a Youth Ambassador in the state.
He expressed the hope that his good character, excellence, good virtues, calmness and integrity would serve as a model to the youths in the state.
The governor said despite all the odds, temptations and provocations while he was in the House, Laycon was able to come out unscathed and uninvolved in any scandal or immoral act.
“You have also demonstrated, with the way you carried out your assigned tasks in the House with comportment, intellectual responses to questions and your spirit of fair-play through which your academic achievement at the University of Lagos was earned.
“This has also shown that our universities can and still produce graduates who are found worthy in both character and learning.
“Indeed, what we are celebrating today is much more than the entertainment that the House provided, but what you represent: a rare combination of prodigious intellect, academic excellence, multi-faceted talents, character and resilience.
“I believe your career will draw inspiration from great sons and daughters of Ogun, who have made their marks in their respective chosen careers,” he said
The governor said he was impressed with Laycon’s display while in the House, just as he urged parents and guardians to help in nurturing the talents of their children and wards in order for them to be useful to themselves and the society in the future.
He maintained that parents and guardians should realize that there is life outside the four walls of classrooms, “as entertainers are also successful men and women, who are contributing to national development”.
Laycon prostrated for the governor as he expressed his appreciation for the appointment as well as the house and cash gift.
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara