Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted Richard Omosehin, a former Senior Special Assistant to the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.
It was gathered that the gunmen invaded Omosehin’s residence in Igbekebo, the headquarters of Ese-Odo Local Government Area of the state around 2 am on Saturday, November 19, 2022.
The kidnappers numbering about six came to the community through the water on a speed boat and dragged the victim out of his house.
They left the community on the waiting speed boat to an unknown destination.
A source said that the abductors contacted his family, demanding the sum of N100m to secure his freedom.
“The incident happened at about 2 am on Saturday. We invited the police immediately after the incident happened but by the time the policemen arrived at the place the kidnappers had taken their victim away. But the kidnappers had been talking with the family of the victim, demanding N100m as ransom while the family has been negotiating with the abductors,” the source said.
The traditional ruler of the town, Oba Simon Dabo, who confirmed the incident on a radio programme, said the victim had been allowed to speak with his wife from the kidnapper’s den.
He appealed to the security operatives in the state to ensure the release of the victim.
Spokesperson of the Ondo State Police Command, SP Funmilayo Odunlami, who confirmed the abduction on Monday November 21, said efforts were ongoing to set the victim free and unhurt.
“We are already making efforts to rescue the victim and investigation had begun,” she said.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy