Governor-elect condemns Plateau killings
Mr Caleb Mutfwang, the Plateau Governor-elect, has condemned the killing of six persons at Farin lamba community in Jos South Local Government Area of the state
Mutfwang, in a statement on Thursday in Jos, tasked security agencies to fish out perpetrators of the evil deed and bring them to justice.
The statement was signed by Gyang Bere, the governor-elect’s Special Assistant on Media. He
”We condemn this attack in totality and appeal to security agencies to fish out the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
”We call on security personnel to do all within their power to halt further attacks on our communities; we cannot afford to allow acts of impunity to continue against peace-loving people,” the statement said.
Muftwang appealed to Plateau residents to remain peaceful at all times, and report any suspicious movement in their vicinities to security agencies for prompt action.
The governor-elect commiserated with those who lost loved ones, but advised residents against taking laws into their hands.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje