Mr. Johnson Oghuma, a member of the House of Representatives, has been advised by his kinsmen to focus on delivering the dividends of democracy to his Constituents rather than allow himself to be distracted by those they called ”political jobbers”.
The kinsmen made the appeal under the auspices of Etsako Frontiers in a statement by the National Coordinator, Alhaji Yusuf Abdullahi, and made available to newsmen in Benin on Friday.
Abdullahi said that they were opposed to the N1.6 million kickback the lawmaker allegedly received from a school project and were, therefore, not disturbed by the news that he was docked for the alleged kickback, because they knew it was fake news.
ROYAL NEWS recalled that on Nov. 19, the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Offences Commission (ICPC) withdrew the bribery case against Oghuma, after Justice Mrs Adebukola Banjoko discharged and acquitted him of all charges.
Frontiers said they remained committed to their vow that the lawmaker would not be cowed to resign from the House of Representatives by “desperate political opponents”, while hailing the ICPC for clearing him after diligent investigations
They noted that Oghuma had attracted more projects to his constituency than his predecessors, saying , “The school project was delivered and he is the first lawmaker from Etsako that has constituency projects in almost all the wards in the three Local Government Areas that make up the Constituency” .
While urging relevant ministries and agencies to release funds for the execution of constituency projects in Etsako Federal Constituency, Abdullah warned that they would resist any political witch-hunt of Oghuma ahead of the 2023 general elections.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban