Mr. Johnson Oghuma, a member of the House of Representatives, has been advised by his kinsmen to focus on delivering the dividends of democracy to his Constituents rather than allow himself to be distracted by those they called ”political jobbers”.
The kinsmen made the appeal under the auspices of Etsako Frontiers in a statement by the National Coordinator, Alhaji Yusuf Abdullahi, and made available to newsmen in Benin on Friday.
Abdullahi said that they were opposed to the N1.6 million kickback the lawmaker allegedly received from a school project and were, therefore, not disturbed by the news that he was docked for the alleged kickback, because they knew it was fake news.
ROYAL NEWS recalled that on Nov. 19, the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Offences Commission (ICPC) withdrew the bribery case against Oghuma, after Justice Mrs Adebukola Banjoko discharged and acquitted him of all charges.
Frontiers said they remained committed to their vow that the lawmaker would not be cowed to resign from the House of Representatives by “desperate political opponents”, while hailing the ICPC for clearing him after diligent investigations
They noted that Oghuma had attracted more projects to his constituency than his predecessors, saying , “The school project was delivered and he is the first lawmaker from Etsako that has constituency projects in almost all the wards in the three Local Government Areas that make up the Constituency” .
While urging relevant ministries and agencies to release funds for the execution of constituency projects in Etsako Federal Constituency, Abdullah warned that they would resist any political witch-hunt of Oghuma ahead of the 2023 general elections.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister