Mr Bashir Mohammed, member representing Nguroje Constituency in the Taraba House of Assembly, has been kidnapped by gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday from his residence in Jalingo.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, DSP David Misal, confirmed the incident to the ROYAL NEWS in Jalingo.
He said that Bashir (APC) from Sardauna Local Government was picked up after sporadic gun shots was heard around his house located next to the Comprehensive Secondary School, Jalingo.
Misal said the police and other sister security agencies were making frantic efforts to rescue the legislator, who is also the Minority Leader of the house and Chairman, Assembly Committee on Information,
He said the abductors had yet to make any contact with the family.
ROYAL NEWS recalls that Bashir is the second member of the Taraba House of Assembly that was kidnapped in recent years.
Hosea Ibi, member representing Takum I Constituency from Takum Local Government Area of the state was kidnapped and killed in December 2017.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- NBC revokes licences of Ray Power FM, Silverbird TV, 50 other stations
- Nigerian Govt to block access to online loan firms
- No short shelf doses of COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria — FG
- NiMet predicts 3-day rains, thunderstorms from Friday
- Emirates suspends flights to, from Nigeria
- Flight tickets skyrocket as aviation fuel hits N903
- PDP constitutes caretaker committee for Osun
- Osun Guber: Court strikes out suit against Ademola Adeleke
- Strike: Federal Govt’s offer miserable — ASUU
- Poultry farmers lament high cost of raw material