Unknown gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have kidnapped a professor with the Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Jos, Grace Ayanbimpe and her husband.
The suspected Kidnappers invaded the lecturer’s residence behind Stanel Oil, Lamingo in Jos North Local Government Area of the State, shooting sporadically before whisking the couple to an unknown destination.
Sources revealed that the incident which created tension in the area occurred at noon on Monday morning.
Details of the accident are still sketchy as at the time of filing this report as the University management has not issued any statement on the incident.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, ASP Ubah Gabriel Ogaba confirmed the abduction to Daily Post.
According to the PPRO, the Command has deployed operatives to ensure the victims are rescued.
He said, “The Command received a report of kidnapping of a man and his wife, behind Stanel Oil Lamingo, Jos .
“Tactical operatives has been deployed to the area.
“Concerted efforts are on towards rescuing the victims and arresting the perpetrators”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- JUST IN….. Buhari signs amended electoral bill into law
- FRSC warns motorists against impatience on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway
- Monkeypox infection outbreak in UK, Germany, others
- 2023: Amaechi arrives Kwara, visits Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Defence Minister salutes Nigerian Airforce at 58 (PHOTOS)
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC