Unknown gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have kidnapped a professor with the Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Jos, Grace Ayanbimpe and her husband.
The suspected Kidnappers invaded the lecturer’s residence behind Stanel Oil, Lamingo in Jos North Local Government Area of the State, shooting sporadically before whisking the couple to an unknown destination.
Sources revealed that the incident which created tension in the area occurred at noon on Monday morning.
Details of the accident are still sketchy as at the time of filing this report as the University management has not issued any statement on the incident.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, ASP Ubah Gabriel Ogaba confirmed the abduction to Daily Post.
According to the PPRO, the Command has deployed operatives to ensure the victims are rescued.
He said, “The Command received a report of kidnapping of a man and his wife, behind Stanel Oil Lamingo, Jos .
“Tactical operatives has been deployed to the area.
“Concerted efforts are on towards rescuing the victims and arresting the perpetrators”.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death