Unidentified gunmen attacked Agan community in Makurdi Local Government Area of Benue on Friday leaving nine persons dead.
Mr Terkimbi Shom, one of the locals told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday that nobody knew where the attackers came from.
“These attacks are becoming too frequent. This is the second time in less than three weeks that the attackers launched attacks on our community.
“We hardly sleep well nowadays for fear of attacks.
“I appeal to the Federal Government to please send security operatives to our area to safeguard our lives as well as property,’’ he said.
Police Spokesman in Benue, DSP Sewuese Anene, confirmed the attack.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG