Unidentified gunmen attacked Agan community in Makurdi Local Government Area of Benue on Friday leaving nine persons dead.
Mr Terkimbi Shom, one of the locals told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday that nobody knew where the attackers came from.
“These attacks are becoming too frequent. This is the second time in less than three weeks that the attackers launched attacks on our community.
“We hardly sleep well nowadays for fear of attacks.
“I appeal to the Federal Government to please send security operatives to our area to safeguard our lives as well as property,’’ he said.
Police Spokesman in Benue, DSP Sewuese Anene, confirmed the attack.
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku