This, the Seriki Fulani said was the beginning of the recent attacks on communities in Yewa axis of the state.
In his words, communities like Asa, Agbon Ojodu and others along Oja-Odan axis had killed many cows and herders during the period.
While speaking in an interview he said he had lost count of how many cows were killed within the last five years, stating that over 100 herders were killed for no just reason.
“If you continue beating somebody every day, one day the person will try to beat you back. That is a Yoruba proverb and it is what is manifesting in Yewa North at the moment. The people of Asa, Agbon Ojodu and other places along Oja-Odan in Yewa North have continued to kill our people in the past five to six years. We keep reporting to the police commissioner at Eleweran but nothing changes. Over 100 Fulani herdsmen were killed in those areas and an uncountable number of cows were also killed.
“I used to have records of these casualties, but everything was burnt recently,” he said.
However, Ibrahim said, “we don’t know those who are killing and kidnapping people. They are not our people. They are Fulani from Nigeria, but not those who are our members.
“We have been in this area for 40 years and we love peace to reign. We want an end to these crises. Let us live like brothers and sisters,” he said in Yoruba language.
Ibrahim spoke to DAILY POST a few weeks after the visit of the popular Yoruba activist, Sunday Adeyemo (aka Sunday Igboho), to his house.
The Fulani leader recalled that his “house and other properties worth millions of Naira were burnt by Sunday Igboho and his boys.”
According to him, one person was killed during the attack, saying “they would have killed me if I were at home.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide