Our correspondent learnt that the radio station, christened Amuludun 99.1 FM was invaded by about twelve hoodlums Saturday afternoon.
The reason for the invasion has not been revealed.
Amuludun FM is located at Moniya area of Ibadan. Our correspondent learnt that the station which broadcasts in Yoruba language was established over a decade ago.
Sources said that the gunmen were armed with cutlasses, matchets, axes and other dangerous weapons.
Among the property destroyed included windows of offices, office equipment, cars and other property.
Staff who spoke on the condition of anonymity confirmed the incident.
The General Manager, Amuludun FM, Mr. NIyi Dahunsi, also confirmed the invasion of the radio station.
He, however, said that security agents have been mobilised to prevent further attacks on the station.
‘ Yes, it us true.
“The Police, DSS and NSCDC said the station would be under their watchful eyes for proper security.”
The invasion of the station is coming a few days after some hoodlums invaded Palms Mall located at Ring Road area of Ibadan.
One person was killed when the hoodlums reportedly stormed the Mall.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner