Funke Lagoke, the contestant who collapsed on the American Idol stage and needed stitches afterwards, has spoken.
Funke took to Instagram to write: “We are all so much more than our fall.”
She added the hashtag, “I am more than my fall.”
Recall that Funke fell flat with her chin splitting open while receiving feedback from Lionel Richie after her performance on Monday night, March 22.
The American Idol contestant had performed a duet with fellow singer Ronda Felton on Monday night’s episode.
As Lionel Richie started to critique her performance, Funke’s hands are seen shaking and her eyes seemed to lose focus. She then falls and lands with an alarming thud.
She was rushed to the hospital where she was treated for dehydration and released from the hospital.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner