A 97-year-old woman who was violently raped inside her home in Gadaka, Fika local government area of Yobe state, says she hasn’t had sex in 40 years until she was violently raped.
Speaking to newsmen at the State Criminal Investigation Department in Damaturu, the state capital, the victim said her rapist, 35-year-old Mohammed Faruk, had invaded her home in February 2021 and violently raped her. He allegedly beat her up, breaking two of her teeth before he had his way with her.
Confirming the incident to newsmen, the spokesperson of the state police command, Dungus Abdulkarim, said the suspect has since confessed to the crime and has been arraigned before a magistrate court where he was ordered to be remanded in police custody.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide